Sports Turf Blends & Varieties
Sports Turf List of Services
For over three decades, Delta Bluegrass Company has been producing and installing the highest quality of peat and sand grown turf the industry has to offer. Our Sports Turf varieties are grown on sand, meeting sports field and USGA specifications. This provides a medium that drains quickly, cleanly, and eliminates any interfacing issues. Our services include:
- Consulting Services
- Custom Grown Blends
- Field Drainage
- Turf Renovations
- Turf Removal- The answer to your worn turf! The Koro Topmaker™ is ideal for removing and leveling worn or damaged turf. The site is leveled and the turf and vegetation is turned into compost, which is easier for disposal or re-use as top dressing material.
- Laser Grading (Includes Tee & Green Repair)- With our expertise in grading and preparing hundreds of acres of land annually for our turf development programs, we can offer these capabilities to our customers. The Level Best laser equipment is ideal for areas ranging from a baseball infield or a golf course tee box, to a football or soccer field area. The laser controlled equipment dramatically increases precision and accuracy for your jobsite.
- Turf Aeration- Recognized as the industry standard, the Soil Reliever technology is light enough to use on golf greens and tough enough to use on even the most compacted soils. Our state of the art aeration equipment can be adjusted for many applications, resulting in healthier turgrass, increased water conservation and noticeable cost savings.
- Ground Preparation- The Land Pride Power Rake specializes in smoothing and clearing debris & rocks from your bare ground site. Our Rotadarian tilling unit is used for cultivating soil, loosening and breaking up surface compaction, and creates a non-compacted seed bed finish ready for earth moving and grading. All of these benefits enable us to complete your job simultaneously and efficiently.
- Top Dressing (Including Greens & Fairways)- Our large area Ty Crop top dressing units can make small work of large jobs. It can spread a wide range of soil products and spread it in a wide range of depths. It is equipped with low impact tires to guarantee little or no turf rutting or damage.
- Slit Seeding- The Land Pride slit seeder offers precise placement and excellent seed-to-soil contact; making it ideal for overseeding existing stands of turfgrass or establishing new turgrass. It is a highly accurate machine recognized as one of the best methods available in overseeding your damaged turf.
- Drill Seeding- Our Brillion seeder is used to seed thousands of acres of turf annually, placing the seed on your project as accurately and precisely as possible.
- Big Roll Installation- Big rolls are available 4’ wide by 50’-100’ long, allowing for a larger area to be sodded quickly and efficiently. A thick cut option is also available for these custom cut rolls (1 ½ “-2”). The Delta Bluegrass sports crew is experienced and professional, which ensures a high quality result.
- Hybrid Bermuda Sprig Planting- Our state of the art Stolon planter, developed for us by Bermuda King is unique in its ability to plant a prepared bare-ground site. It can plant any warm season turf variety into an existing turgrass stand, giving our customers the ability to transition a cool season turf stand into a warm season turf stand using a cost effective method.